Notice of the Commencement of the Period for the Exercise of Public Rights
- The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
- The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
The period for the exercise of public rights commences at 10am on 3rd July 2017 and will conclude at 4pm on the 11 August 2017.
The following documents will be made available:
- The Statement of Accounts
- The Annual Governance Statement
The Statement of Accounts is unaudited and the Statement as published may be subject to change. The Statement of Accounts will be made available on the Joint Committee website at:
The Joint Committee accounts are subject to external audit by Mr J Prentice, KPMG LLP, 1 Sovereign Square, Sovereign Street, Leeds LS1 4DA.
- From 10am on 3 July 2017 to 4pm on 11 August 2017 any person may inspect the accounting records of the Joint Committee for the financial year to 31 March 2017, and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts) at the address given below. They may also make copies of the accounts and documents.
- From 10am on 3 July 2017 to 4pm on 11 August 2017 at the request of a local government elector, the local auditor must give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records of the Council.
- From 10am on 3 July 2017 until the conclusion of the audit process a local government elector for the area of the Joint Committee or his/her representative may object to the Joint Committee’s accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful under section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and also copied to the Joint Committee at the address given below.
Director, West Yorkshire Joint Services
PO Box 5
Nepshaw Lane South, Morley, Leeds LS27 0QP