Why do I need physical testing of plastics?
Our laboratory is UKAS accredited to carry out a range of plastic film British Standard tests and our technologists have, over many years, developed a number of specifications for such products and these have been adopted extensively throughout the UK. They are known as the ‘M’ series specifications.
The ‘M’ specification tests were developed to help in the evaluation of tender submissions and with complete impartiality for clients, assist contract review process.
- Our plastic testing services include:
- Tensile strength
- Tear resistance
- Drat impact resistance
- Handle durability – ultimate load and jogging tests to ensure that carrier bag handles are durable.
- Print durability – rubbing tests
Which plastics do we test?
- West Yorkshire Materials Testing Service has great expertise in testing polythene film products. These products include:
- Plastic refuse sacks
- Bags for collection and disposal of domestic, trade, garden and clinical waste
- Packaging films
- Medical aprons
- Carrier bags
- Coin bags